If you own or operate an industrial unit. It is likely that you already know what power transmission is and how it works. If not, or you are curious to know more about it, read on. Here we have mentioned the things you should know about power transmission.
What is Mechanical Power Transmission?
As the name suggests, mechanical power transmission is the transfer of energy from one place, where it is usually generated, to another, where it is used to perform work by using simple machines, linkages, and mechanical transmission elements.
Almost all machines have some power and motor transmission from an input source. It’s usually an electric motor or an internal combustion engine that usually provides rotary driving torque through an input shaft–coupling combination.
What is the Need for Mechanical Power Transmission?
Though there are several ways to generate power, sometimes, it’s impossible to generate power where it’s needed or generate it in the right form, magnitude, or direction. As a result, mechanical and electrical power transmissions are essential for engineering product designs. Usually, the mechanical power transmission and its elements are used for one of the below-mentioned reasons:
- The generated power or energy can be converted into a useful form.
- Physical constraints can limit the power generation where it is used. So, it can be transferred to a place where it is required.
- It can also be used to change the magnitude or direction
- It can be used to change the type of energy
Elements of Mechanical Power Transmission
In an engineering product design like machinery or automation drives, power transmission and its elements make it possible to match a power source to the operating environment and the condition of the working elements.
What are the Benefits of Power Transmission Elements?
The benefits of transmission elements include but are not limited to:
- They help in transmitting power efficiently.
- They can help in changing the rotational speeds.
- They can help in reversing the rotational direction from the motor.
- They can also aid in converting rotational movement into a linear reciprocating motion.
- They also help in splitting and distributing the power source to run different mechanisms like a single transmission motor can run multiple conveyor belts.
Trust EXIM Engineering for the Top Quality Power Transmission Motor and Other Products
Exim Engineering Inc. is an industrial distributor – specializing in power transmission motors or products / MRO products – serving Southern California customers for over 25 years.
We offer a diverse range of engineering products and materials at competitive prices. We pride ourselves on providing high-quality products and offer innovative solutions with friendly service and on-time delivery to meet our customer’s busy production schedule. We offer after-hours and weekend services to our valued customers.
Whether you are an Aggregate Plant or Agricultural Producer, Bakery or Bottling Plant, Chemical or Pharmaceutical Manufacturer, Dairy or Poultry Processing Plant, Food & Agriculture Plants, Water Bottling or Winery – OEM or End User, your request will be managed with professional courtesy and individualized attention.
Our customers count on us to minimize production downtime, reduce maintenance costs, and increase equipment efficiency. Contact us top industrial supplier and discover all we have to offer. Our experienced staff is looking forward to speaking with you. Connect with us by clicking here.